About UIF Essay Competition
UIF firmly believes that investing in education is an important investment in our community. Keeping this in mind, our essay competition seeks to partner with Islamic schools to recognize excellence in education by encouraging students to be creative and expressive. The competition also rewards schools that produce winning students.
Schools MUST be registered in order for students to be able to participate.
Click Here for School Participation Form
Here are some highlights of the Essay Competition
- It is a national essay competition for all full time and weekend Islamic Schools in the USA
- Prizes awarded in three categories – grades 1-5, 6-8 and 9-12
- Total of $7,500 in cash prizes will be awarded to essay competition winners and schools
- Winners will be determined by UIF’s essay competition committee
- Schools can submit as many entries as possible
- Entries will be accepted from Jan. 1st, 2016 to March 31st, 2017
Our hope is that this competition energizes and creates an excitement within the school and the student body at large. While the competition is in the form of an essay, in coming years UIF envisions the competition to include video, poetry, art and science.
Special thanks to the educators, parents, and students for supporting and contributing to the success of this program.